Friday, January 28, 2011

Adventures in Healing; Part One

So for everything except guild raids, I've been tanking. It's what comes natural and I know which stats are more important to me. However, guild raids. A nice little off spec, Holy, comes out for those. I have learned my stat and spell priority. I've learned how to gear and spec. It is just an adventure that doesn't just come to me. I'm not used to relying on my mouse for so much. Thank you healbot for making things easier, but geez.

I tend to get this tunnel vision. Where the only things that matter is my feet and my healbot. I feel like I am missing so much. I watch the videos I fraps afterward and laugh at the stupid things other people do and gaze in shock at how some mechanics are. Did I really miss that? Often that line comes to mind.

I also watch the videos and feel so pro. During the raid I'm freaking out about health bars, but the video makes it look like I'm doing everything seamlessly. It's odd in a way.

I'm sorry this blog entry is so short though. I'm really caught up into trying to live stream and get some Rift beta play time in. I promise the next adventures in healing will be more informative.
Just a thought or two,
- Keona

No comments: